Diego Rivera 2386, Defensores de Baja California, 22660 Tijuana, B.C.
Mobile: +1 (619) 771-7401
When things don’t go as planned with weight loss surgery, you might think about getting a redo. This article explains why people might need a second weight loss surgery, when insurance might help cover the cost, the option of getting the surgery in Tijuana, and whether your insurance will help pay for it.
Sometimes you regain weight or the first surgery doesn’t work well, and people need another one. Here are a few reasons why:
- First Surgery Didn’t Work: Some people don’t lose enough weight or still have health problems after the first surgery.
- Problems from First Surgery: Sometimes, the first surgery causes problems, like the stomach band moving or causing pain. People might need another surgery to fix these issues.
- Health Gets Worse: If new health problems show up because of obesity, a second surgery might be necessary.
- Inadequate Weight Loss: After the first surgery, some individuals may not lose as much weight as expected. This can be due to factors like genetics, metabolism, or lifestyle changes that affect the surgery’s effectiveness.
- Weight Regain: Even if weight loss is initially successful, some individuals might experience excess weight or regain weight over time. This can occur due to the stretching of the stomach or changes in eating habits.
- Health Health issues connected to being very overweight, like diabetes, high blood pressure, or trouble breathing during sleep, might not improve as we expected after the first surgery. This can mean that another surgery is needed to make these health issues improve and help the person become healthier.
- Complications from First Surgery: Sometimes, the first surgery leads to complications such as band slippage, erosion, or chronic pain. These complications can impact the effectiveness of the surgery and quality of life, requiring a second surgery to address the issues.
- Desire for a Different Procedure: In some cases, individuals may choose to switch from one type of weight loss surgery to another. For instance, they might want to change from a Gastric band to a Gastric bypass for better results.
- Changing Health Conditions: As time goes on, new health problems might arise that necessitate a more aggressive surgical approach to address both the weight and health issues simultaneously.
Does Insurance Pay for a Second Weight Loss Surgery?
Finding out if insurance will help pay for another weight loss surgery can be tricky. It depends on things like your health record, what the doctor says, and the rules of your insurance plan. Here are some times when insurance might help:
- Really Needed for Health: If the doctor says you really need another surgery for your health, insurance might cover it.
- Can Improve Health: If the second surgery could help with health problems, like diabetes or heart issues, insurance might agree to pay.
Bariatric Surgery In Tijuana
For individuals seeking revision bariatric surgery, Tijuana has emerged as a viable option. The city boasts several reputable medical facilities, medical tourism and experienced surgeons specializing in revision procedures. However, potential patients must carefully research their chosen clinic or surgeon, considering factors like accreditation, weight loss goals, patient reviews, and success rates.
Revision obesity surgery is a complex journey that requires thorough consideration of medical, financial, and insurance-related aspects. Understanding the reasons behind revision surgeries, the circumstances under which insurance coverage might be available, the option of seeking surgery in Tijuana, and the steps necessary for insurance approval, empowers individuals to make informed decisions about their weight loss journey. Always consult with healthcare professionals and insurance representatives to make the best choices tailored to individual circumstances.
Will My Insurance Provider Cover a Revision?
The question of insurance coverage is a central concern for those considering revision bariatric surgery. The process involves several steps:
- Pre-authorization: Patients typically need to obtain pre-authorization from their insurance provider. This involves submitting medical records, the surgeon’s recommendation, and other required documentation.
- Documentation of Medical Necessity: Clear documentation demonstrating medical necessity can significantly impact the approval process. Medical records, test results, health information and physicians’ notes may be required.
- Patient Advocacy: In cases of denial, patients can appeal the decision. Working closely with their healthcare provider and possibly a patient advocate can bolster their chances of overturning a denial.
Reasons to choose CER Bariatrics:
From the first consultation to the recovery process, our staff is dedicated to making you feel at ease and relax. For example, here are some reasons to why choose our Bariatric Surgeons at CER Hospital for your health and beauty needs:
- We follow American hospital’s standards and guidelines for your safety.
- We offer transparency in our Bariatric surgical cost and let you know of any added fees, that may apply.
- We offer the service of transportation to and from the San Diego International Airport. (SAN).
- We count with all the certifications and equipment that a Hospital must have but with the benefit that is only dedicated to Bariatric Surgery and Plastic Surgery. In addition, we only allow access to our staff, surgeons and patients, which allows us to reduce infections.
- Every patient is offer the services of cafeteria and food after surgery.
- We’re committed to giving our patients the best medical assistance they need 24/7.
- We use the highest degree of sanitizing and sterilizing with our equipment and medical tools.