After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
We want you to know that you have made a lifetime healthy decision and now you must commit to your goals, without a doubt we will aid you in every step of the way, even though you might already know how to take care of yourself, nonetheless, we ask you to take these tips as reminders.
- Post-op, you must follow your Dr. or nutritionist guidelines for a proper stomach healing process, remember that If you eat too much or eat food that you shouldn’t eat, you will risk your health, in other words, you’ll leave yourself open for complications, your stomach is smaller now meaning you will digest food differently.
- Follow our recommendations to avoid complications but don’t worry! Solid foods will be implemented into your diet after a short period of time it’s just a matter of adjusting to your new stomach.
The most common complications are dumping syndrome, therefore we recommend to eat slowly in a portion control, at last liquids, if you eat too quick, you are likely to experience nausea, vomiting, dizziness, sweating and diarrhea.
- Supplementation is key to prevent nutrient deficiency such as taking vitamins and minerals will be a daily habit to reach for optimum level of nutrients
Meanwhile, immediately after surgery, patients start with a liquid diet & certainly will advance eventually to solid foods. This are the stages after surgery for proper healing;
1 Clear Liquid 2 Full liquid3 Pureed 4 Soft Foods5 Regular (long term diet)
That being said, Congratulations for choosing a healthy lifestyle! If you would like to know more about this type of information, join us here Facebook.
How to fulfill your daily nutrients
Firstly, being organized will ease your pre-op process, for instance, we can help you out with your first pre-op checklist.
- Avoid junk food and fast food.
- Add protein to your meals.
- Begin a liquid diet instructed by your Doctor or Nutritionist.
- Take multivitamins.
- Increase your water intake.
- Follow the diet your doctors instructed.
- Stop smoking.
- Stay hydrated! Drink 64 ounces of fluid or more each day.
- Be sure to take 60-100 grams of protein per day.
- Avoid foods with high amounts of sugar & starch.
Your post surgery vitamin & mineral supplements are available without a prescription.
During the first stages of your recovery, your vitamins will likely have a chewable or liquid form & eventually, you will be able to take them in pill form.
Secondly,vitamins will help you meet your nutritional needs, Specially when you are consuming less food, some of the supplements you will required are:
- Complete multivitamins.
- Vitamin B12.
- Calcium with Vitamin D.
- Iron and Vitamin C.
In addition to this, quality food should be a subject matter to consider, in other words, eat organic foods and avoid processed food, take the most of the nutrients in every portion or every calorie you ingest.
Increase your health & energy levels
After all, Gastric Sleeve surgery removes up to 70% of your excess weight & not only that, patients that suffer from many diseases associated with obesity. It is not all about loosing weight It’s all about patients who suffer from many diseases like ⬇️
|Type ll diabetes||Obstructive sleep Apnea||Cardiovascular complications||Joint pains||PCOS||Hypertension|
This & many other diseases will be drastically reduced, on the other hand, some of these diseases go into full remission. So, consequently prepare to begin a healthier you!
The Gastric Sleeve procedure is one of the most common procedures that has proven that diet measure that not only allows you to lose and achieve your weight loss goal it is the only diet plan out there that has proven to help patients maintain their weight off!
Now take into consideration the road to this improvement in life which will not be easy, subsequently is a short road, but with hard work and determination, in most cases after bariatric surgery within a year you will begin to notice a drastic change in your health & energy levels.
If you haven’t get started or don’t know how to start, please begin with filling out the surgycal form or contact us.